Dear parents and carers,
Even though our Robins are not at school at the moment, we do not want them to miss out on any learning! Our Home Learning folders that they came home with contains a range of fun, engaging and challenging activities that will help children to practise the skills they have been learning in school. The activities will support all 7 areas of learning in EYFS Curriculum and the Year 1 Curriculum. There are also lots of ideas about ways to stay active indoors.
If your child or you have any questions about the home learning at all, please feel free to email Mrs Quick firstname.lastname@example.org and she will get back to you as soon as she possibly can. We would like to hear how you are getting on!
Please check the school website regularly for updates and additional planning will be in place for after the Easter Break.
Thank you for your hard work and continuous support in these uncertain times.
Mrs Quick, Mrs Holt and Mr Hills
We have compiled a list of links to online activities and to ideas for craft activities and printable pages. It is important to ensure there is a balance between online activities and practical activities as these will develop your child’s fine motor and creative skills in ways a computer or iPad cannot!
Reception and Year 1 websites and links, to enable learning to be completed at home.
- Mr Thorne does Phonics - video clips to support phonics
- The Alphablocks are living letters who appear in wonderful videos to help your children learn about phonics and develop their reading skills.
- Fairy Tales and Stories for Kids has lots of animated stories to enjoy. Can your children retell the story to you after they have watched one of the videos?
- The Numberblocks has lots of great videos to help younger children learn about numbers, addition and subtraction.
- The Numberjacks are a group of superhero numbers who appear in educational videos that cover thinking skills, problem solving and maths.
- The Singing Walrus has lots of songs to teach children about numbers and counting.
- Math & Learning Videos 4 Kids have a wide range of videos about different maths topics.
- This playlist from BBC Teach explores how maths is used in different areas of life and work. It also includes videos about number, measure and shape concepts
- youtubekids.com– youtube for children – parents can set children up on an account and subscribe to various things such as counting in 2s/5s/10s song, big numbers song (kids tv), number blocks, alpha blocks
Theme - Our location and beyond
- Google Earth - try and find your home, look at the towns and cities near by, zoom out to view the UK and spot the different continents
- Bbc.co.uk - bbc bitesize offers a wide range of educational videos about a range of topics.
- youtube.com - Continue to learn the continents song
- EYFS quick-practice-rhymes.pdf
- EYFS - quick practise number formation.pdf
- EYFS - Quick practise number lines.pdf
- Early Number Activities.pdf